BI Analytics can Deliver Data Insights for Administrative Effectiveness in Education Industry.
Educational institutes collect a vast amount data as a natural process, but harnessing it in a coherent and useful manner is the key to improving not just the administrative effectiveness of the institution but also its overall performance.
Business Intelligence (BI) analytics helps institution aggregate data and analyse it to produce easy to use reports that can vastly improve the decision-making process in the institutions.
Why do educational institutes need Business Intelligence?
BI services are usually thought useful in context of corporates who are looking to take the best decisions to increase profitability. But educational institutes also benefit from using data available with them to improve their functioning and make the best use of funding granted to them.
BI analytics delivers a multitude of benefits: reduces operating costs, improves quality of reporting, manages educational programs better and improves financial performance.
BI analytics can play a role across all areas of an educational institute’s working, namely
- Effectiveness of Student performance and Academic Programs: BI reports can be used to improve student recruitment, student performance in a program, retention and satisfaction. Similarly data on academic programs can be analysed to identify strong programs and those needing further support.
- Workforce effectiveness: BI analytics can be helpful in managing teacher schedules and workloads. Reports summarizing teacher performance through the years can be beneficial in assigning classes and subjects. Analysing the overall performance of teachers is simplified with BI analytics.
- Administrative effectiveness: BI analytics can play a powerful role in this area, delivering benefits that can have a substantial impact on the institution’s performance. They can be used for reporting purposes, expenditure tracking and performance management.
How does BI analytics help in administrative effectiveness in education industry?
BI analytics make it easy for decision-makers in educational institutes to track performance and take timely decisions. Easily accessible reports, data visualizations that make it easy to read and interpret data and regular, reliable reports are some of the benefits of BI analytics.
BI analytics improves decision-making across the entire span: academic programs, student registration, institution processes, workforce effectiveness and expenditure tracking.
A variety of BI solutions are available today that are designed especially for educational institutions, enabling them to extract insightful information with minimal hassle.
Insights from BI analytics cover wide range of administrative activities:
- Institution performance tracking: BI analyticscan provide not only maintain records but also provide in-depth tracking around student enrolments, academic program performance, workforce or teacher effectiveness, examination performance. With granular data across all key factors, getting the comprehensive picture of the institution’s functioning can make it easier to take the right decisions at the right time
- Stakeholder and Regulatory reporting: As an educational institution, a vast number of reports needs to generated at regular intervals to be provided to key stakeholders or the government. BI analytics reduces the time and effort involved in this activity.
- Financial tracking and reporting: BI analytics reports can be used to track budgets, expenditure by heads, track capital expenditure, and optimise spends. Procurement costs and outsourced processes can be optimized as also marketing programs and spends.
BI analytics can also be used to improve operational efficiencies and reduce costs associated with activities like registration
- Workforce planning: Reports from BI can help institution to track trends regarding teacher performance including retention and enables records maintenance in easy to use formats.
Data insights from BI analytics can thus be a vital tool for educational institutions. Affordable solutions like AMDDATAWIZ’s Cloud BI make it all the more easy for educational institutes to leverage its power while remaining within their budgets.